A kitchen renovation can become quite costly. Save yourself the stress of your home improvement project by using these home repairs tips in your kitchen. Check in with your local moving company and browse through the removal van deals (or a man and van, if you need help from a mover, but that is the costlier option) so that you can always go get what you want once you discover what that is.
- Maximize storage space. Instead of focusing on knocking out walls to increase your kitchen space, think of how you can maximize the space you currently have. Taking out a wall adds dollars to your project in no time. Look at your storage space. Add cabinet-height drawers in place of shelves. You can add dividers or wire baskets to make the space even more organized. Getting creative with your storage space can change your kitchen at a low cost. Check for local storage units and send over all the clutter with the moving van to make even more space for more useful or practical items.
- Change your lighting. This is a simple fix that can do wonders at little cost. There are plenty of budget friendly options. Take your removal van for a spin around the neighbourhood or the flea market. You could go to the vintage route by scouring garage sales or consignment shops or you could get a modern design from IKEA.
- Update fixtures and hardware. If you want an updated look without a heavy price, consider changing the cabinet handles and your faucet. There are so many design options and depending on your needs, you could go for a luxury faucet and still not break your budget. Add modern flair or a minimalist
- Switch out the switchplates. This is a small change but can add a dramatic flair. Swap out old, dirty white switch plates for stainless steel ones that give a modern kick. Another way to add more drama with low cost is to choose a switch plate with a mosaic design or to decorate it yourself using washi tape. The sense of moving and motion will be a nice addition to the overall picture.
- Add stylish details. A little goes a long way. A roman shade with a pretty fabric design can brighten up the space over your sink. Add in some pots with DIY herbs along the window sill, a vase with brightly coloured flowers or an accent accessory smartly displayed on the wall and you have an instantly updated kitchen.
And with that you should be done. Your kitchen should be upgraded and looking way better than before. Enjoy the new setting and make the most of it.