photo courtesy of www.pinkpassage.com (c) 2014 all rights reserved
I started thinking about what the most basic piece to a minimalist woman would be and it hit me, little black dress!Premier women's lifestyle site, Pink Passage, believes there are different factors to consider when choosing the perfect little black dress. One of these factors is the woman’s body shape or body type:
- Be the master of your pear. Pear-shaped women are those who are gifted with abundant hips. For such body type, halter dresses are perfect. It takes people’s attention to the woman’s shoulders and chest. This makes the woman’s body look more balanced.
- Competitive Petite. Petite women should go for a sheath little black dress. This kind of dress will help petite women look leaner and will help them look taller. For best effects, petite women should not choose dresses that go past the middle of their knees. This will help enhance the narrow of the women’s legs.
- Apple of the Eye. Be the apple of everyone’s eyes despite lacking a waistline. For women with apple-shaped bodies, it is important to choose shirred little black dress which makes the waist look smaller than the top and bottom part of their bodies.
- Curves all-over. Although women with curvy bodies are blessed with having beautiful curves at the right places, it causes some women’s waist to disappear. Therefore, it is very important to accentuate the waist. The best thing to do it is to go for a v-neck LBD. This keeps the woman’s chest area open and it makes her waist look tinier than it actually is. It is a lot better if one can find a little black dress in this style which comes with panels and darts. These will help define the woman’s shape even further and will keep the dress in its place perfectly.
- Stay Positive. For women who wear plus size, choose a wrap dress. This style looks great on just about any body type but it looks exceptionally good on plus size women. It is tight on the right places which are usually a woman’s waist and shoulders. At the same time, it is lose on the lower half of the woman’s body.
Pink Passage provides the hottest trends in the fashion and beauty industry but one of the major things I love about the site is the blog commentary. Pink Passage isn't just about looking good, the site truly understands how to make a woman feel good about herself. LBDs are one of those go-to pieces that all women must have. You do not have to look like a model to be sleek, professional and self-assured when wearing a little black dress that fits your body shape. When faced with a rack of clothing in all different colors, I always choose black. A quality, well-fitting LBD will last decades and never go out of style, very minimal!