How to Build a Side Business to Replace Your Job
- Are you sick and tired of working for someone else?
- Are you tired of constantly not having enough time, money or freedom?
- Have you thought of starting a business but can’t afford to quit your job?
- Do you desperately want to head in the direction of your dreams and control your own destiny?
If so, keep reading.
My passion is helping others realize their full potential. To help them create for themselves a life of joy, purpose and abundance.
It is what I write about, speak about and teach.
But something has disturbed me for a very long time. When I would follow up with people who have read my book or attended one of my lectures; I would ask them if they are still heading in the direction of their dreams. And, if not, why not? Where were they stuck? What was their biggest obstacle?
And the overwhelming majority of these folks all came back describing the exact same struggle:
They Were Stuck at Their Jobs!
Sure they had dreams. But they didn’t know how to go after them without quitting their jobs and taking a huge risk. They had bills to pay and a family to support. To risk it chasing a dream meant potential financial hardship for their families. After all, look at all the businesses that failed. So, as a result…they felt stuck.
This disturbed me quite a bit and was simply unacceptable. What good was it to write and lecture in an effort to help others realize their full potential if most of them could not overcome the most difficult obstacle they faced; feeling trapped in their jobs.
What good was talking to others about passion and dreams and creating the life they want if I couldn’t help them get there. I desperately wanted to provide a solution.
It has become one of my missions to help people: Escape their jobs without risk.
How Can You Escape Without Risk?
How is this possible? Two words… the internet.
The internet allows us to reach a worldwide audience with our product, service, message or passion. It has never been easier in the history of human existence to start a business than it is now.
And because of all the changes in technology, you can do it without any technical skills at all. If you can search the internet, manage email and create a word document; you have all the skills you need to pull this off. Plus; most of these technology tools are free to use.
What this means is that almost ANYONE can start a part time business, with almost no investment and build it up to replace their full time income. ANYONE.
Now, a word of caution. I am not suggesting that it is going to be easy or you can get rich quick. But if you do it right and put in the time and effort it is definitely possible. Thousands of people are doing it and you can too.
There are 4 things you are going to need to be successful at this:
- A Burning Desire – You have to be so fed up with your current situation that you are willing to make the sacrifices needed to succeed. You need the will to win.
- Belief – You will only accomplish in life what you believe you will accomplish. The truth is that you have unlimited potential but few realize it because of fears and doubts. The only limits you have are the ones you place in your own mind.
- Knowledge – This goes without saying. You have to know what goes in to creating a successful online business. There are a ton of resources out there, you just have to search for them and make the effort to utilize them. (See how to order the free guide that I mention at the end of this article)
- Persistence – There are no short cuts to creating a successful online business. Although there are plenty of scammers who would like you to believe so and buy their 'overnight success’ secrets. But if you do it right, the only way you can fail is if you give up. There are no get rich quick schemes that work. But, if you put in the time and effort, you can create for yourself an extremely successful business. One that will eventually help you: Replace your full time job.
Here are some guidelines to get you headed in the right direction:
- Make sure your topic is one you enjoy. Since you are going to be spending a lot of time at this you what to make sure it is going to be something that you enjoy doing. So make sure the topic of your business is something that you’re excited about. If you have a passion for it, even better.
- Test the waters before you dive in. Make sure before you spend too much time developing your business make sure there is a market for your product or service. (In my free guide I show you several ways to test your idea for marketability)
- Find a teacher or mentor to assist you. This will cut down the learning curve so you don’t have to learn everything by trial and error.
- Do your homework. Read everything you can on the subject of starting a successful online business. Do a search on Amazon and you will see hundreds of books to choose from. One of the best free business resources can be found here: score.org. S.C.O.R.E. stands for Service Corps of Retired Executives. They offer free resources and consultation. Check it out.
- Focus on being of service to others. Instead of focusing on what you can sell to make a profit, focus on being of service to others. The fact is that the more people whose lives you impact, the more abundance you will attract into your life. And conversely, the more abundance you attract, the more people you will be able to impact.
- Surround yourself with support. Find a few friends who will support you on your journey. Form a mastermind group and support each other. Your journey will not always be smooth, it’s nice to have a support group around you.
- And finally; feed your mind with positive things. Read books or blogs that are inspirational and uplifting. Avoid toxic people and circumstances; they will just drag you down. That goes for negative self-talk as well. Use positive affirmations instead. You become what you believe. And what you believe is up to you.
So, what are you waiting for? Start planning your escape today!
If this is something that you are serious about, I can help. You can get my FREE video and 50 page guide that teaches you step-by-step how to start an online business. This is a complete guide, there is nothing else you need to buy to get started and set up a profitable online business. You can get your guide and video here: www.RonsFreeGuide.com
Ron Schaffer is an entrepreneur, author and speaker. His book is called, “Fanning the Ember – creating a life of joy, purpose and abundance.” His passion is helping others realize their full potential. You can learn more about him at www.fanningtheember.com. He is also the founder and Executive Director of “The Distant Light Project”, which is a non-profit organization that helps at-risk students find a path to success. You can learn more by visiting Ron’s website.