Whether you are building or repairing a home, getting the most bang for your roofing buck is crucial. One of the most common ways to squander materials, budget, and your sanity is by hiring a poor excuse for a roofing company.
Hiring a roofer is an easy task, but hiring a good roofer becomes a more difficult task. The guys at Down River Roofers in Allen Park, Michigan have provided some excellent questions to ask before beginning a roofing project. In order to avoid spending a lot of money by hiring a roofing dud, here are the top five questions you should ask when hiring a roofer.
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured? The single most critical question to not only ask but verify. Any reputable roofing company will have all necessary proof made public and available.
- Are you able to supply me with a list of previous customers as references? Social proof is very powerful so do your homework by checking not only past customers the roofer supplies you with but also popular websites like the Better Business Bureau and Angie's List.
- What amount of down payment do you require before you begin this job? Be sure to budget properly before the shock of an invoice.
- When will you have our roofing job completed and will anything negatively affect your deadline? This is especially important to understand in case weather conditions create delays. You should also prepare for lengths of time when your home will be exposed to the elements.
- Should we prepare our home before you arrive? Yes, be sure to secure your belongings, clothes, and appliances if they are in affected roofing areas.
You want your house to be beautiful from inside out so be sure to call in a pro you can trust. Calling a reputable company like Down River Roofers (even just to ask for advice on choosing a roofing company in your own area) will ensure your roofing experience is well organized and well done.