Minimalist living is about spending quality time with loved ones, not spending money on materialistic stuff. The concept of minimalism doesn't mean we don't spend any money, but rather we invest our funds into well-made, often handcrafted, quality items and hobbies that bring us together and last for decades.
Many minimalists love to gather around fine spirits, bourbon, and craft beer. I know a lot of my readers are wine enthusiasts so I thought I would offer some basic accessories to compliment any wine tasting lifestyle. I consulted with my friends from A Bit of Wine, a wine gift and accessory ecommerce site, about the 8 essentials they thought every wine enthusiasts should own. Here are the results:
- At least four red or white wine glasses - if you entertain often, you may want to consider 8-12 glasses. If just getting started, no need for anything fancy, simple works just the same.
- Several wine stoppers - If your goal is to sample different types of wines, you may have leftovers that must be preserved. A set of wine stoppers will keep your bottles as fresh as when they were uncorked!
- A wine corkscrew set - A fairly basic concept here; you can't drink your wine if you can't open it!
- A wine rack - This can be a counter-top style designed to rest unopened wine bottles horizontally, or something more permanent like a will unit of wine bottle cubby holes.
- A wine aerator - For the more advanced palette, wine aerators breathe new life into wine flavor.
- A wine tote - Take your bottle to the neighbor's house or share with your children. No matter where you are headed, a wine tote will keep your bottle snug and ready to liven up any gathering!
- A wine fridge - One of the larger investments a wine enthusiast can make, a wine fridge is designed to chill wine bottles in a horizontal fashion.
- A wine journal - Once your wine enthusiasm increases, taking note of the bottles, types, vintages, and brands you have tasted is highly recommended!
This simple list will help any beginner get started or remind any experienced wine enthusiast how to enhance his or her hobby. Grab a bottle, uncork, and enjoy with your loved ones knowing you are creating memories with each sip!