Emla Numbing Cream is a mixture of lidocaine and prilocaine made by AstraZeneca Sweden. Emla is a local anesthetic that blocks nerve signals to a specific location of your body thereby causing numbness. Emla cream is safe for use in and around the genitals, specifically the penis and vagina. While Emla cream is FDA approved for specific topical anesthetic uses before and after common surgeries, consumers are increasingly using it for other procedures and lifestyle enhancements. Here are 6 powerful alternative uses for Emla:
- Decrease premature ejaculation by numbing penis stimulation. **The use of Emla cream during intercourse is especially helpful when using a condom so female stimulation remains heightened.
- Before laser hair removal procedures to minimize discomfort.
- Applied before body piercings to numb the area.
- Applied as a numbing tattoo cream.
- Emla reduces pain associated with Botox injections and photorejuvenation procedures.
- Emla minimizes pain associated with Brazillian waxing, back waxing, and various other forms of wax body hair removal.